BATH RAILWAY SOCIETY
The Bath Railway Society was founded at The Midland Hotel, Bath in 1957. Since then we have continued to provide an excellent programme of talks on railway subjects for all those having an interest in railways; past, present and future.
Our meetings are held on a monthly basis throughout the year (except for July and August) and in addition to our regular meetings we hold occasional Society visits to sites of railway interest. This is a tradition which goes back to Society outings on the former Somerset & Dorset Railway in 1959.
Our President Pete Waterman OBE DL and Chairman John Froud with the S&DJR shed master's chair from Bath Green Park on the occasion of its official loan to the Museum of Bath at Work in September 2019. The chair was originally donated to the Society on the closure of the S&D in March 1966 by Harold Morris, the last man to hold the position of shed master at Green Park locomotive depot.
Our membership is a diverse group (in terms of age and gender) and you will be made most welcome in joining us either as a new member or visitor.
Annual membership subscription - £18.00
(If joining after 1st January - £9.00)
Visitors - £2.50 per meeting
Bath Railway Society meets in the church hall of St Mary's Church, Darlington Street, Bathwick, Bath. Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month from September through to June, commencing prompt at 7.30pm (doors open from 7pm). Non-members are always welcome.
The church hall is situated at the bottom of Bathwick Hill junction of Pulteney Road (A36) by the roundabout and is on the right hand side of the church. It is on level ground and is suitable for wheelchair access.
For those arriving by car, there is a car park on the left hand side of the church.
A very regular bus service runs from/to the Railway Station/Bus Station & City Centre to Bath University and there is a stop immediately outside of the church hall at the bottom of Bathwick Hill.
St. Marys Church Hall